WassUp is a WordPress plugin to track your visitors in real time. It has a very readable and fancy admin console to keep tracks of your blog’s users visits.
It has a “current visitors online” view and a more detailed “visitors details” view where you can know almost everything your users are doing on your blog, it’s very useful for SEO or statistics maniacs. It comes with a “Spy” view in Ajax like the Digg Spy.
The aim of WassUp is the knowledge of what your visitors do when they surf your blog.
With WassUp you’ll get a cronology of your blog’s visits with a lot of details for each single user session.
WassUp shows a lot of data from who is visiting your blog like:
- ip / hostname
- search engines used (includes Google Images)
- SERP (search engine result page)
- operating system / language / browser
- pages viewed (chronologically and per user session)
- complete user agent
- name of user logged in
- name of comment’s author
- top ten charts with aggregate data (top queries, requests, referrers, os, browsers)
- graph for hits/pages/spam
The admin console is very nice and you can customize it by:
- records by date range
- records per page
- records per entry type (spider, search engine, referer)
- expand/collapse informations (with ajax support)
- search by IP address
- mark by IP address
- delete recordon the fly
There are 4 views:
- Spy view like Digg Spy
- Current Online view
- Details view
- Options to customize WassUp
Many options are customizable:
- Refreshing minutes
- Users levels required
- Default items page limit
- Default items type
- Enable/Disable recording
- Record or not users logged in
- Record or not spiders and bots
- Record or not exploit attempts (libwww-perl user agent)
- Record or not spam attempts
- IPs to exclude from recording
- Alert admin for table growth
- Empty/Reset the database table
- Export current table in SQL format
- Automatically deletes records older then selected period (day, week, months, year)
- Manually deletes records older then selected period (day, week, months, year)
For people with database space problem, WassUp has some options to manage his database table, you can empty it or delete old records to prevent reaching the size limit.
WassUp detects a lot of spam and you can choose if it must record them or not. You can choose between typology of spam: referres spam and Akismet spam.
WassUp has a nice sidebar Widget to show some useful statistics informations like: current visitors online, last searched terms, last external referers, top browser and os.
If your template doesn’t support Widgets, you can refer to the Automattic Widgets howto page to implement them in your template.
News & Updates
- WassUp 1.8.4
- WassUp 220.127.116.11
- WassUp 1.8.3
- WassUp 1.8.2
- WassUp 1.8.1
- WassUp 1.8 is here!
- WassUp new release on the way!
- WassUp 18.104.22.168 fixes some little bugs
- WassUp 1.7.2
- WassUp 1.7.1 fixes 1.7 bugs – UPGRADE!